"Reloaded"



Some spectacular vistas of New Zealand

Some spectacular vistas of New Zealand
These are just a tiny sample of the views I experienced during my last visit to New Zealand in late December '05 and January '06. So it is easy to see why I am drawn back to this beautiful country ...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

First on-board video capture

So here is my first video-link post and I hope it’s one of several between now and next mid-April (’07). Please click on the Forward Arrow.

You may find that the Buffering process takes a while; this will depend on your connection speed. In addition, I currently notice that (as at 18-Dec-2006) Google Videos seem to be taking and unusually long time to download and buffer - I hope this is only a temporary hitch .... and sorry about the quality - Google has severely compressed the original uploaded file :o(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoops!

Video look superb from here. No buffering lag at all (though we are on an 8Mb pipe).

We all had a laugh in the office about the 'points' system, and were very envious of you, just ridin' and playin' with your computer. Easy life!

Looking forward to more...

Keith Hooper said...

Yo, Peeeeeeeete! Thnx for putting me in the pic regarding your download & buffering speeds. I woz a little concerned about this aspect. It seems that the problem lies here with my hostess, Donna Pengelly, (at the B&B in Howick, Auckland). See, she has a monthly limit to her upload<~~>download internet access connection. I'm not sure what the limit is, but let's assumes that it's probably no more than say 1 GByte per month.

It must be that Donna is reaching her monthly limit and therefore her internet connection is getting slower and slower. Eventually, once her monthly limit is reached her access will be rendered no faster than a standard dial-up connection, which will be absolutely hopeless.

UR right mate, I'm in my element down here; just playing with my new motorcycle during this warm and pleasant S Hemisphere mid-summer; and my new techie gadgets and software.

Somebody shoot me ... please! So these precious moments can be preserved forever.

Lots of luv to the best ones at JFS

Stanley Keef
xxx
[x <~~ for RFP - but don't tell him]