"Reloaded"



Some spectacular vistas of New Zealand

Some spectacular vistas of New Zealand
These are just a tiny sample of the views I experienced during my last visit to New Zealand in late December '05 and January '06. So it is easy to see why I am drawn back to this beautiful country ...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Now it's Butlins time .. but without the class!

After advance booking my ‘White Island Experience’ for the following day – Tue-18-Feb – with the kind assistance of the Best Western motel manager, I next take care of some Skypeing and blogging in Tauranga’s city centre.

Afterwards, towards midday, I then undertake the 95 km (60 mile) journey across the coastal roads to Whakatana Township. This short’ish ride was quite uneventful, taking no more than 90 minutes to complete, thus allowing me plenty of time to secure my next accommodation early – before the usual travellers’ late afternoon/early evening scramble.

I like the newly acquired economical idea of staying in a motor camp, as this will help ease the strain on my personal exchequer.

So I find Whakatana’s local motor camp and offered a choice of cabins by the resiedent manager; with or without a kitchen, at $60 (£21.68) or $50 (£18.00) per night respectively. I take the ‘with kitchen’ option for two nights, and secure an option to stay over for a third night, as there are still lots of domestic matters outstanding that will require much time to complete. For instance: Not counting the near all-day trip to White Island – Further Skypeing and blogging again, laundries, another haircut, update the trip’s financials – plus I have a lot of video footage to edit.

No comments: